My boyfriend and I went to Washington, Oregon, and Colorado in a span of two marvelous weeks. It was a much needed vacation that consisted of food, booze, and sleeeeeeeep. I'm deeply saddened that it had to come to an end.
![]() |
| On the plane to Seattle with a grumpy Josh. |
When we arrived, it was packed with famished locals looking for a bite to eat after their Sunday congregations. They have a very extensive menu with items ranging from Hobo Hash to specialty sandwiches and burgers. The menu was very descriptive; all the ingredients were included next to the name of the item which made every dish sound delectable and it was incredibly hard to choose only one. The cafe itself has a more antique vibe to it, the tablecloths have pictures of old auction sales dating back to the fifties. All in all, it's a quite quaint family-owned place that appeals to all.I wasn't in a breakfast-y mood that day so I decided to order the Volcano Burger. The description listed the following ingredients, "Grilled Onions, Tomato, Lettuce, Jalapenos, Habanero Monterey Jack Cheese, American Cheese and Slices of Spicy Kielbasa. (Not for the faint of Heart. It's Hot!)" I was excited because the spicier, the better. With it, I ordered a salad with Caesar dressing, in lieu of fries.
![]() |
| The Volcano Burger |
As you can see, the burger also came with fries instead of a salad, which I didn't mind because I'm not one to turn away french fries. It wasn't till I completed my burger that the waitress realized her mistake and came back with the salad, which I also ate.
The burger itself did not meet expectations; the patty was a little on the dry side and the tomatoes were not yet ripe. I did enjoy the jalapenos and kielbasa, but I found the burger lacking in the spice department. However, I am an avid eater of spicy food so my palette might have enjoyed it more with Tabasco or hot sauce. The cheeses overpowered the burger as a whole, and I could not detect the different ingredients from one another. The buns were soaked with the oil from the cheeses, making the burger almost impossible to devour. Overall, I give this burger a 6.5 out of 10. Cafe Bellis is definitely more of a breakfast joint.
![]() |
| Farmer's Hobo Hash |
If you're ever in Sumner (a little town south of Seattle), check out Mignon's Cafe Bellis! Here's their website if you wish to peruse their abundance of mouth watering breakfast items. http://www.mignonscafebellis.com/index.php
My time in mainland was short, but filled to the brim with wonderful memories of drinking, drinking, and drinking. I also discovered how many Hefe's it took for me to get reeeeaaaallly good at darts (not that many, apparently).
![]() |
| Double bullseye, courtesy of Hefeweizen (thank you beer gods) |
| This picture was overpriced but I had to prove I went snowboarding. |
I'm very grateful that I could avoid work and school for two weeks and only pursue activities that I truly enjoyed (eating, drinking, and sleeping..I know, soooo exciting). Everyone should have a vacation now and then, even if it is only 2 weeks of gaining weight from overeating. And I loved every minute of it.





I am jealous of your vacation! It looks like you had a blast! I can't imagine trying to squeeze so many destinations into two weeks. The food looked like it was amazing.
ReplyDeleteI so wanted to go on a vacation too! But I would've only been able to go for a week if I did. That Hobo Hash though :D
ReplyDeletesounds like an adventure! I love to travel... it's nice to have a change of scenery.
ReplyDelete