If that trailer didn't freak you out than you're probably a big fat liar. Fortunately for you, it's still playing in theaters so you can test out your badass-ary when you go see it.
I had wanted to see this movie ever since I saw the trailer a couple months ago, and when I did, I was thrillified (thrilled and horrified, cause this shit was scary and I freaking loved it). SO yea, I'm a bit biased when it comes to reviewing this film.
First of all, THE SCOOOOORE. The music was incredible and intense is not even a worthy enough adjective to describe it. The musical genius behind It Follow's score is Rich Vreeland, AKA Disasterpeace. You will never have heard anything like the music Vreeland composed for this film. It really is the key component that ties the entire movie together.
Of course, we have to give credit to the esteemed director David Robert Mitchell, for creating such an excellently produced film. In my reviews, I try not to give away any spoilers so that you kids can experience the excellence yourself, but I do describe the acting, directing, and yadda yadda what not no spoilers, don't worry you guys are safe.
David Robert Mitchell not only directed the film, but he WROTE it as well. Little fun fact for ya, he graduated from the same university (FLORIDA STATE, go Noles?) my wonderful baby seester attends. He has also directed the film The Myth of the American Sleepover, which I have yet to see. The concept of It Follows is so simple..but so mind bottling (lol, Blades of Glory reference anyone?) Seriously, I'm pretty sure any other director could have fucked up this plot, but Mitchell had it down. Hearing the plot itself might make for a slow movie, but the way he shot the water scenes, the jump in your chair scenes, and the shit your pants scenes was everything a horror movie geek could ever want (yes please thank you David Robert Mitchell.)

I saw the trailer last week and really wanted to see it! It's good to hear that you think this movie is worth seeing. Thanks for the imput :)
ReplyDelete